Smokers Want More Vape Ads
Research says that more and more smokers are demanding or asking for ads related to cost benefits and general health benefits of vaping as compared to using cigarettes because these advertisements will help them to quit smoking. Smokers and industry experts want to see this change in local advertising on all print and electronic media as to show the benefits of e-cigs. One such study was published by the Consumer Intelligence in association with UK Vaping Industry Association. This study revealed some interesting facts on the matter. Let’s share a few with you here:
- 68% people felt that this change in advertising restrictions and to promote the public health benefits and the general view of vaping in the industry will help smokers switch to vaping.
- Of every three smokers, two believed that information provided to them via their pharmacists or healthcare professional can more easily influence them to switch.
- 61% people want information to be more visible in a healthcare atmosphere.
- Half of the survey takers posed that government organizations should be involved in promoting public health messages across the media.
- 61% (which is a little lower number in this case) agreed to the fact that Public Health England’s recommended vaping to be allowed on hospital premises and convinces people to make the switch.
“This highlights the critical role of accurate advertising in delivering the public health message that vaping represents. And it is coming from smokers who might be able to break their old habits instead of the industry.”, said the director of UKVIA, John Dunne. He continued, “more education of the full health benefits of vaping and its full potential are needed for smokers to switch. A strong and cohesive message is required from the government as well so that vaping become the obvious choice and smokers can switch easily.”
The research which we mentioned earlier also said that even with the fast-all-around growth of the vaping industry, vaping itself might suffer from reaching its full potential due to a large mass of smokers still present. Many smokers still believe that vaping is more harmful than casual smoking which is a wrong belief altogether. Of that same survey, 40% individuals still believed that vaping was more harmful or more expensive than smoking.
The survey also revealed that favorable insurance premium of vapers, vaping being generally cheaper and having better fragrance and smoking being more odorful might cause the necessary push to make the switch by smokers.
In the end, Dunne said that people do hunger for better information of the matter and the health benefits vaping pose overall however, we are limited by the restriction of advertising and the education is required not only on the consumer’s end but also on the industry expert and advertiser’s end as well because this information could be crucial for smokers over 55 years of age as they have a higher chance of falling ill from the regular disadvantages of smoking.