With its scarring, redness, and unsightliness, acne has definitely got a permanent spot on the naughty list. From popping up unexpectedly to taking over your face entirely, it’s an agony of massive proportions.
Fortunately for us, mother nature with CBD has really stepped up and strongly impacted our zit zagged lives. Using CBD for acne has garnered a very positive reaction from a large number of people. Available in various forms and potency levels, CBD can be a tricky topical to pick out from a shelf. So let’s get into the basics of CBD and acne and get you on the right track.
What Causes Acne and How Can CBD Help?
What is acne?
Acne is a skin condition that creates bumps on the skin as a result of clogged pores. These bumps, more commonly known as pimples, zits, or “acne,” are most commonly found on the face, shoulders, and back. The different ways acne appears in the form of whiteheads, blackheads, or pimples.
Does Marijuana cause acne?
Acne can be caused by many different things, such as your lifestyle and environment. If you’re one to enjoy all the pleasures in life; smoking up, drinking, and eating greasy foods, you’re bound to have a little skin trouble. Now you may be thinking, does weed give you acne? Should I be eating that? Can I drink this? The fact of the matter is, CBD comes from the cannabis plants of marijuana and hemp. So it’s low-key the solution to your pimple problems. Just make sure you’re compensating with a little healthy indulgence to keep that healthy balance.
At its roots, however, acne is caused by clogged pores. These clogged pores are often the result of sebum production. Sebum is a thick oily layer produced by our skin to keep it soft and moist. Overproduction of sebum can mix in with dead skin cells and become trapped inside our pores, hence, causing acne. For the very same reason, CBD oil for skin care may not be the solution for certain people. However, with proper application methods, it could be your getaway from those pesky pimples.
CBD oil benefits for skin
Men and women both have been brought to desperate measures to get rid of these stubborn spots. While the skincare industry has banked on these attempts, the complicated dynamic of genetics and environment has made it challenging to attain the desired results.
But the recent developments in CBD oil or hemp oil for acne have changed the game. With its plethora of benefits and organic nature, many people find themselves drawn to it.
Topical CBD, in particular, functions by targeting the cells and hormones of the skin rather than the acne itself. Especially with its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD acne creams can significantly reduce the swelling and redness caused by pimples’ smattering across the skin.
Furthermore, one of the primary reasons for using CBD for acne is its impact on sebum production. The cells that produce sebum are known as Sebocytes and the way that CBD interacts with these cells limits their ability to overproduce the oily layer covering your skin.
However, it is essential to note that CBD oil on the skin will not have the same effect as sebum on your skin simply because of its oily nature. If you’re concerned and wondering, “Can I rub CBD oil on my skin?” This is when we will urge you to pay attention to the application process. It must be followed religiously and with care to attain the best results.
How to Apply CBD Oil on Your Face?
When delving into skincare, application and consistency matter. Whatever product you may be using, make sure to read the packaging and follow the directions for optimal results.
However, to stay on the safe side, the first application of a CBD product for acne should always be a test. It will determine how your skin may react to the product. While CBD oil on the skin is generally very light and unreactive, it is best to test some on the part of your arm or the crook of your elbow. These areas are easy to reach and medicate in cases of unwanted reaction.
- Wash an area of your upper arm.
- Pat it dry and make sure no moisture remains.
- Apply a small amount of hemp oil for acne or your choice of CBD/Hemp product.
- Gently massage it into your skin.
- Wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
- If no reaction occurs, you can be worry-free about applying the product to your face or other sensitive areas.
- If, however, an allergic reaction such as redness, burning, itching, or other irritation does occur, wash with soap and water immediately. It is also recommended to consult a medical specialist if these symptoms persist.
Once you are sure that there is no reaction or alarming side effect on your skin, you may start applying an appropriate amount of ointment on the affected areas. With that said, you mustn’t self-diagnose your own skin condition. Ideally, you should see a board-certified skin specialist or dermatologist before starting any form of topical CBD skincare.
Additionally, when using hemp oil or CBD oil for acne, it is recommended to thoroughly cleanse your skin before applying. After a few minutes have passed, gently wash off the CBD oil from your skin with warm water.
Types of CBD Products for your Acne
If you’re still not 100% ready to add CBD oil to your skincare routine, there are alternatives you can try.
Conveniently, CBD skincare products are now available in abundance. So rather than using CBD oil for your acne, you can find CBD skincare products in the following categories:
- CBD serums
- CBD creams
- CBD masks
CBD benefits go well beyond clear skin, and you’re bound to get confused with shelves full of CBD products once you walk into a store for a little CBD skincare indulgence.
Other than for skin, CBD is used for a wide range of self-care purposes. This includes dealing with anxiety, stress, depression, appetite, and low energy levels. To serve these conditions, the many forms of CBD products include CBD gummies, CBD flowers, CBD bath bombs, CBD sodas, CBD vapes, and many more! To narrow it down to CBD products for acne, we have come up with a list of products known to give you ideal results.
Top 11 Best CBD skincare products:
- PLUS CBD Hemp Oil Skin Serum – Great for when you’re on a budget!
- CBD for Life CBD Face Cream – A versatile option because it can also be used as a moisturizer and makeup remover. Definitely a good opportunity for a first-time buyer.
- CBDMedic Eczema Therapy Medicated Ointment – Specifically designed for itchy skin and people who struggle with eczema.
- CBD American Shaman Replenishing Face Cream – With all its natural properties, you get to enjoy many CBD benefits and the entourage effect.
- Lord Jones Acid Mantle Repair CBD Moisturizer – Works best for those who work long, hard hours, and their skin just doesn’t have time for a proper skincare routine.
- Kiehl’s Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil Herbal Concentrate – The perfect hemp oil for acne and sensitive skin.
- Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil – This non-comedogenic hemp oil for acne ensures your pores aren’t blocked and soothes sensitive skin.
- Cannuka CBD Skin Balm – While comparatively lower in CBD, this CBD acne cream is a miracle worker for dry skin.
- The CBD Skincare Co. Exfoliating Cleanser – Keep your pores unclogged and skin dirt-free with this deep clean cleanser. Feel the fresh, supple skin that comes after that!
- TribeTokes CBD Vitamin C & Ferulic Acid Super Serum – The perfect serum to get antioxidants to activate spot fading and reduce redness and puffiness from acne.
- Saint Jane Luxury CBD Beauty Serum –This splurge is worth the purchase. Despite being on the pricier side, it contains 500mg of full-spectrum CBD. This means it incorporates the benefits of the whole plant resulting in maximum concentration and penetration.
CBD Skin Care for The Win
It’s safe to say that CBD for acne has made a significant mark in the skincare world. We can relieve ourselves from the agony of lengthy nighttime skincare routines and restrictive diets. What’s even better is that you get to enjoy all the pleasures life has to offer, guilt-free.
Furthermore, the various CBD skincare creams, balms, and oils are also multi-functional. From moisturizing to being used as a makeup remover, they cover an elaborate list of self-care needs. With the introduction of CBD acne creams and oils, we have taken a much more natural and organic route to skincare. Who better to nurture and heal than mother nature herself?